With fifty years as a journalist, volunteer and priest, I have had the privilege of publishing a range of articles. During my time as a broadcaster and charity fundraiser, some of my activities have been newsworthy. So, I also include articles that other people have written about me.
History of East Anglia
- Diagnostic criteria of Autism
- Care and support
- Autism and the press
- Letters to the Guardian: quick jabs
- £1m centre for autistics will create 30 jobs
- Jane adds touch of sparkle
- Princess drops by to plant a juniper
- Son inspires parents’ million pound crusade
- Rectory scheme applauded by MP
- Snowdrops in the churchyard
- Face to Face – Father Christmas
- Dr Livingstone, I presume
- Dorothy Sayers classic restaged at church
- Christmas plants – the legends and traditions
- Church and community work together in face of school disaster
- Homes to roost for endangered swifts
- Strengthening ties in Zanzibar
If you are a practising journalist, media studies student or just wanting to get your story into the public domain, you will find my professional website of interest.
It contains a wide range of useful articles, including an essay on Fake News which I’m currently expanding to include the threat it poses to free debate. I’ve recently updated a comprehensive article on News Values – first compiled in 1999 – which discusses how journalists decide which news stories to publish. or broadcast media. My website also contains a range of useful media tips for those wanting to work in the changing world of news journalism.