With fifty years as a journalist, volunteer and priest, I published a variety of feature articles. During my time as a broadcaster and charity fundraiser, some of my activities have hit the news stands. So, I also include articles that other journalists have written about me.
History of East Anglia
A biographical collection of the good and the great scholars and thinkers, social reformers and people in history whose lives have transformed society. Their common bond is their link with East Anglia.
Newspaper articles I have published
- How to become a successful writer: Readers Digest (15 May 2020)
- How can journalists build an informed society: Morning Star (14 January 2021)
- How citizen journalism has flourished: London Daily Post (26 January 2021)
- Will the right to privacy jeopardise the freedom of the press? Yahoo News (3 February 2021)
- Diagnostic criteria of Autism
- Autism and the press
- Letters to the Guardian: quick jabs
- Brother Juniper
- £1m centre for autistics will create 30 jobs
- Jane adds touch of sparkle
- Princess drops by to plant a juniper
- Son inspires parents’ million pound crusade
- Rectory scheme applauded by MP
Personal newspaper articles
- Strengthening ties in Zanzibar (Feb 2003)
- Dorothy Sayers classic restaged at church (Nov 2003)
- Dr Livingstone, I presume (Nov 2003)
- Snowdrops in the churchyard (Feb 2004)
- Church and community work together in face of school disaster (Nov 2004)
- Wishing you a very merry Christmas (Dec 2004)
- For whom the bell tolls (Jan 2005)
- Face to Face – Father Christmas (Dec 2005)
- Homes to roost for endangered swifts (Feb 2006)
- Mums the word (March 2006)
- Christmas plants – the legends and traditions (Dec 2006)
I wrote many other articles for the Ely Ensign, which my co-editor Lisa Chapman has also been compiling on her website.
If you are a practising journalist, media studies student or just wanting to get your story into the public domain, you will find my professional website of interest.
It contains a wide range of useful articles, including an essay on Fake News which I’m currently expanding to include the threat it poses to free debate. I’ve recently updated a comprehensive article on News Values – first compiled in 1999 – which discusses how journalists decide which news stories to publish. or broadcast media. My website also contains a range of useful media tips for those wanting to work in the changing world of news journalism.
You may also be interested in my two-part interview with the late actor and comedian, Kenneth Williams, a very private person who rarely talked about himself.